Thursday, August 19, 2010

Splurge...on Friendship

Last night was originally set to be a night of "Top Chef" and Chinese food with my good friend Tiff. I was dreading the calorie intake but excited for the company. Plans changed and we ended up going to see a Broadway show, which kept us out and late. We stopped by the grocery store on the way home to get something to snack on, and you know what she chose for herself? A peach! When I was growing up, the household rule was that when company comes over, we get to eat differently, i.e. worse than we usually do. :-) So even though the fat kid in me hinted at buying chips and convinced himself that if we ate them with salsa it wouldn't be too bad for us (ha!), Tiff really just wanted that peach. How brave of her, I thought! So she got her peach, I ate Wasa crackers, hummus, and salsa, which I already had at home.

Today's lesson: be brave by being honest about what you want.


1 comment:

  1. A PEACH?! To watch TV with? That's insanely healthy... Great lesson to learn! :-) I still group "company" with "eat like crap" together, unfortunately. Sounds like we could all learn a few things from Tiff and you.

    ReplyDelete